The Flexi curve ruler is a great addition to your saddle checking and health and wellness checks.
It enables you to take templates of your horse’s back to monitor muscle development/ loss.
- Stand the horse on a flat, level surface as squarely as possible.
- Carefully place on the horses back just behind the withers. The sides of the curve should be just behind the shoulder blades (scapular bones) pointing down behind the elbows.
- Mould the curve over the wither and get the exact shape of the withers and sides of the shoulders.
- Before removing the flexi curve check that you have measured in the same position on the left and right sides.
- Carefully remove the flexi curve noting which is the left and right side of the horse.
- On a piece of A4 paper draw around the curve following the edge that contacted the horse.